A bold team for a bold goal
We believe that science is bigger than any one person therefore, we strive to work as one team to make steady progress toward our goals.
At Compass, we are all empowered to think differently, to push scientific boundaries and to continually innovate. We cherish our values and recognize each other’s accomplishments.
We’ve come together from around the globe to discover, develop and bring to patients a new generation of antibody therapeutics. Our team is defined by commitment to patients, integrity, tenacity and a passion for unlocking the complexities of the human immune system.
Our legacy will be what we achieve together.
“The best part about the Compass culture is the people. We have the most caring and compassionate people around.”Wilson G., San Francisco De Macoris, Dominican Republic
“What I find most exciting about my work is that on a daily basis I am challenged and surrounded by supportive, dedicated people who have a passion for their work.”Amy H., Toledo, Ohio, USA
“Everyone is so respectful and cares about each other. It’s a pleasure to work with them.”Joey W., Hong Kong, China
“At Compass we are passionate about making a difference for cancer patients.”Monia D., Grosseto, Tuscany, Italy
“The special camaraderie here leads to an open dialogue, resulting in a boundless research organization that fosters learning and professional growth as a key step for scientific progress and discovery.”Marguerite B., Westfield, Massachusetts, USA
“I am most excited by the fantastic science being done at Compass. The molecules we are generating have a real chance to make lasting positive impacts on patients’ lives.”Neal S., Fort Collins, Colorado, USA
“The diversity of people at Compass has created a culture of innovation and openness to new ideas which is awesome to be part of.”Oliver D., County Roscommon, Ireland
Compass Therapeutics is a clinical-stage biotechnology company developing proprietary antibody therapeutics intended to engage the immune system to treat both solid tumors and hematological malignancies. Compass is leveraging its proprietary StitchMabsTM and common light-chain based platforms to identify multispecifics and combinations of antibody therapeutics that synergistically modulate key nodes in the immune system. The company’s lead product candidate, CTX-471, is a fully human agonistic antibody of CD137, which is in a Phase 1 study in patients with inadequate responses to PD-1/PD-L1 checkpoint inhibitors. Compass is also progressing several other preclinical assets.
Our Finance team is seeking a Finance Manager at our headquarters in Boston Landing. This position will report to the VP of Finance.
- Work with the VP of Finance to support the company’s finance and accounting functions
- Daily responsibilities include financial forecasting, financial planning, stock compensation, internal controls (SOX), purchasing, payroll and benefits
- Month-end responsibilities include supporting the accounting team and working on month-end closing process
- Managing external consultants for audit, tax and internal controls
- Supporting SEC filings to ensure they are timely and accurate
- Supporting financial systems and special projects
- Minimum of 5-years’ experience in the Accounting/Finance function of a public company
- Demonstrated strong excel skills and ability to fulfill the responsibilities of the position, NetSuite experience is a plus
- Positive attitude, great written and oral communication skills
- Self-motivated, ability to work well on a team and independently in a fast-paced environment
- CPA degree is a plus, but not required
We believe that science is bigger than any one person. Our legacy is what we achieve together. To that end, Compass Therapeutics offers individually-tailored compensation package, which includes competitive cash compensation, meaningful equity participation and innovative and competitive benefits. We offer benefits that support health and wellness (medical, dental, vision, health reimbursement and flexible spending accounts), 401(k) program with company match and time away from the office. Compass also offers additional benefits including gym membership, commuter reimbursement, free parking, tuition reimbursement, employee referral program, recognition programs, pet insurance, and other programs.
Sr. Associate Scientist, Immunology
Compass Therapeutics, Inc. is a clinical-stage biotechnology company developing proprietary antibody therapeutics intended to engage the immune system to treat both solid tumors and hematological malignancies. Compass is leveraging its proprietary StitchMabsTM and common light-chain based multispecific platforms to identify multispecifics and combinations of antibody therapeutics that synergistically modulate key nodes in the immune system. The company’s lead product candidate, CTX-471, is a fully human agonistic antibody of CD137, which is in a Phase 1 study in patients with inadequate responses to PD-1/PD-L1 checkpoint inhibitors. Compass is also progressing several preclinical assets including a novel class of NK cell engaging bispecifics targeting NKp30 and multiple bispecific checkpoint programs.
Our Immunology team is seeking a self-driven Sr. Associate Scientist at our Boston, MA site to play a critical role in supporting the research and development of the Immunology Program. This position will assume a key role in developing and implementing novel immunological assays in support of our proprietary therapeutics through an innovative antibody engineering platform, including but not limiting to developing immunological assays in both cell lines and primary cells for identification and prioritization of therapeutic targets for clinical development, and conducting in vivo PK/PD assays such as immune profiling of tumor-infiltrating cells (TILs) and ex vivo tumor explants.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track-record of developing creative and novel immunology-based assays for solving complex biological problems, as well as a broad understanding of therapeutic drug discovery and its applications, related to treatment of immunological based diseases including cancer. The Sr. Research Associate will have strong interpersonal skills and enjoy working in a truly multi-disciplinary environment, while interacting closely with colleagues or/and mentoring Jr. scientists as needed, in multidisciplinary teams such as immunology, platform technology, and protein engineering.
- Develop and validate immunological assays to measure modulation of immune cell functionality
- Create novel / innovative methods to expand phenotypic characterization of immune cell biology
- Plan and execute systematic assay optimization & culture of cell lines and primary human cells
- Interpret data, troubleshoot experiments and present results
- Maintain and implement good laboratory practices, including accurate laboratory notebook systems, instrument and reagent validation, and personnel safety precautions
- BS or MS in immunology, molecular biology, biochemistry, or a similar field
- > 5 years of laboratory experience, biotech/pharma experience required
- Demonstrated experience with flow cytometry, including multi-color flow is required
- Proficiency using flow cytometry software is required
- Experience in developing assays utilizing primary human immune cells/tissues
- Strong organizational, and written/oral communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and quickly changing environment
- A strong desire to impact the patients’ quality of life
We believe that science is bigger than any one person. Our legacy is what we achieve together. To that end, Compass Therapeutics offers individually-tailored compensation package, which includes competitive cash compensation, meaningful equity participation and an innovative and competitive benefits. We offer benefits that support Health and Wellness (medical, dental, vision, Health Reimbursement and Flexible Spending Accounts), Financial Future (401(k) program with company match) and Time Away from the Office. Compass also offers additional benefits including Gym membership, Commuter Reimbursement, Tuition Reimbursement, Employee Referral Program, Recognition Programs, Pet Insurance, and other programs.
Training the next generation
We love our jobs, and we’re committed to training the next generation of drug developers.
Among the benefits of joining the Compass team:
- Competitive compensation & time off policy
- A culture of ownership: every employee holds equity in the company
- Generous health plan with zero out-of-pocket payments for employees
- Annual community service day
- Internal awards program