A bold team for a bold goal
We believe that science is bigger than any one person therefore, we strive to work as one team to make steady progress toward our goals.
At Compass, we are all empowered to think differently, to push scientific boundaries and to continually innovate. We cherish our values and recognize each other’s accomplishments.
We’ve come together from around the globe to discover, develop and bring to patients a new generation of antibody therapeutics. Our team is defined by commitment to patients, integrity, tenacity and a passion for unlocking the complexities of the human immune system.
Our legacy will be what we achieve together.
“The best part about the Compass culture is the people. We have the most caring and compassionate people around.”Wilson G., San Francisco De Macoris, Dominican Republic
“What I find most exciting about my work is that on a daily basis I am challenged and surrounded by supportive, dedicated people who have a passion for their work.”Amy H., Toledo, Ohio, USA
“Everyone is so respectful and cares about each other. It’s a pleasure to work with them.”Joey W., Hong Kong, China
“At Compass we are passionate about making a difference for cancer patients.”Monia D., Grosseto, Tuscany, Italy
“The special camaraderie here leads to an open dialogue, resulting in a boundless research organization that fosters learning and professional growth as a key step for scientific progress and discovery.”Marguerite B., Westfield, Massachusetts, USA
“I am most excited by the fantastic science being done at Compass. The molecules we are generating have a real chance to make lasting positive impacts on patients’ lives.”Neal S., Fort Collins, Colorado, USA
“The diversity of people at Compass has created a culture of innovation and openness to new ideas which is awesome to be part of.”Neal S., Fort Collins, Colorado, USA
Corporate Controller, Finance
Compass Therapeutics is a clinical-stage biotechnology company targeting the human immune synapse with a new generation of monoclonal and multispecific antibody therapeutics. Compass is leveraging its proprietary StitchMabsTM and common light-chain based multispecific platforms to empirically identify multispecifics and combinations of antibody therapeutics that synergistically modulate key nodes in the immune system. The company’s lead product candidate, CTX-471, is a fully human agonistic antibody of CD137, which is in a Phase 1 study in patients with inadequate responses to PD-1/PD-L1 checkpoint inhibitors. Compass is also progressing several preclinical assets including a novel class of NK cell engaging bispecifics targeting NKp30 and multiple bispecific checkpoint programs. The company’s offices and labs are based in Kendall Square in Cambridge, Mass.
Our Finance team is seeking a Corporate Controller at our Cambridge, MA site.
- Reporting into the COO, the Controller will oversee and ensure accurate and timely preparation of financial statements and filings, including preparation of financial filing packages for 10-K, 10-Q, 8-K, Form 4, etc.
- Manage a small team of accounting and finance professionals
- Supervise AR, AP, payroll, 401(k) plan, fixed asset, and revenue recognition activities.
- Act as the primary liaison to external auditors and manage all financial audits and reviews.
- Ensure that the audit and tax are done in accordance with the PCAOB standards and in a timely manner
- Prepare board of director and audit committee packages.
- Maintain capitalization table and equity vesting schedule.
- Document and review technical accounting assessments and conclusions in memos for management and auditors.
- Prepare the Company for SOX compliance, work to strengthen internal controls and ensure the control environment is operating effectively.
- Oversee valuation and accounting process for corporate financing rounds.
- Lead ad hoc Finance projects as needed.
- Continue to evolve and develop an accounting department and team that is a partner to the business with an infrastructure that will support growth.
- Build relationships cross-functionally to foster collaboration both inside and outside of the Finance & Accounting teams.
- 10+ years’ experience in accounting including recent public company experience as the controller or assistant controller.
- Master’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- Active CPA license is required
- Experience preparing SEC filings
- Proficiency with US GAAP required
- Collaborative business partner adept in building cross-functional relationships to drive business results.
- Exhibits the highest degree of integrity and ethics.
- Big 4 Public Accounting
- Netsuite and Oracle experience preferred
- Prior managerial experience
- Excellent relationship and communications skills and the ability to quickly establish credibility.
- Strong team player that has a customer service approach and is solution oriented.
- Experience implementing/maintaining accounting systems and developing reporting and analytics capabilities.
Compass Therapeutics offers comprehensive compensation packages which include competitive cash compensation, meaningful equity participation, bonus plan, comprehensive healthcare and dental benefits, 401K participation, continuous career development, education reimbursement and many other benefits aligned with our philosophy of putting our team first.
Training the next generation
We love our jobs, and we’re committed to training the next generation of drug developers.
We have one of the largest and most successful co-op programs in the industry, with up to 10 co-ops at any given time working through a rigorous training curriculum and learning from our world-class researchers. We have hired several co-ops to full-time jobs after they have completed their studies.
Among the benefits of joining the Compass team:
- Competitive compensation
- A culture of ownership: every employee holds equity in the company
- Unlimited vacation days
- Generous health plan with zero out-of-pocket payments for employees
- Annual community service day
- Internal awards program