A bold team for a bold goal
We believe that science is bigger than any one person therefore, we strive to work as one team to make steady progress toward our goals.
At Compass, we are all empowered to think differently, to push scientific boundaries and to continually innovate. We cherish our values and recognize each other’s accomplishments.
We’ve come together from around the globe to discover, develop and bring to patients a new generation of antibody therapeutics. Our team is defined by commitment to patients, integrity, tenacity and a passion for unlocking the complexities of the human immune system.
Our legacy will be what we achieve together.
“The best part about the Compass culture is the people. We have the most caring and compassionate people around.”Wilson G., San Francisco De Macoris, Dominican Republic
“What I find most exciting about my work is that on a daily basis I am challenged and surrounded by supportive, dedicated people who have a passion for their work.”Wilson G., San Francisco De Macoris, Dominican Republic
“Everyone is so respectful and cares about each other. It’s a pleasure to work with them.”Wilson G., San Francisco De Macoris, Dominican Republic
“At Compass we are passionate about making a difference for cancer patients.”Wilson G., San Francisco De Macoris, Dominican Republic
“The special camaraderie here leads to an open dialogue, resulting in a boundless research organization that fosters learning and professional growth as a key step for scientific progress and discovery.”Wilson G., San Francisco De Macoris, Dominican Republic
“I am most excited by the fantastic science being done at Compass. The molecules we are generating have a real chance to make lasting positive impacts on patients’ lives.”Wilson G., San Francisco De Macoris, Dominican Republic
“The diversity of people at Compass has created a culture of innovation and openness to new ideas which is awesome to be part of.”Wilson G., San Francisco De Macoris, Dominican Republic
Scientist, Innate and Adaptive Cellular Immunopharmacology
Compass Therapeutics is a biopharmaceutical company focused on drugging the immune system to treat human diseases. Using its proprietary antibody discovery and screening platforms, Compass has generated a portfolio of next generation immunomodulatory biologic drug candidates, drug combinations, and multispecifics addressing unmet medical needs in oncology.
Our Translational Immunology and Immunopharmacology group is seeking an immunologist, with in vivo, in vitro, innate and adaptive immunology experience.
- Assess the therapeutic potential of candidate drug molecules using in vitro and in vivo assays of innate and adaptive immune cell function (NK, myeloid cells and T cells)
- Executes experiments with minimal supervision and delivers comprehensive, high-quality data sets to enable decision-making
- Experienced bench-level immunologist proficient in the isolation, culture, and functional characterization of primary human immune cells, specifically dendritic cells, macrophages and T cells
- Experience with small animal models relevant to immune-oncology therapeutic development, including tumor xenografts using immune-deficient mouse models with a reconstituted immune system
- Highly skilled with immunological techniques (flow cytometry, ELISA, cell culture and phenotypic characterization of primary immune cells).
- Experience with in vitro T cells, NK and phagocytosis assays is highly desirable.
- Engineering of cell lines to express proteins of interest by transfection/transduction
- Demonstrated ability to think creatively
- Enjoys working in fast-paced, dynamic, multinational work environment
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- M.S. with 4+ years OR Ph.D. with 2+ years relevant experience (industry experience preferred)
Compass Therapeutics offers generous compensation packages which include competitive cash compensation, meaningful equity participation, comprehensive healthcare and family benefits, continuous career development, sabbatical programs, education reimbursement and many other benefits aligned with our philosophy of putting our team first.
Training the next generation
We love our jobs, and we’re committed to training the next generation of drug developers.
We have one of the largest and most successful co-op programs in the industry, with up to 10 co-ops at any given time working through a rigorous training curriculum and learning from our world-class researchers. We have hired several co-ops to full-time jobs after they have completed their studies.
Among the benefits of joining the Compass team:
- Competitive compensation
- A culture of ownership: every employee holds equity in the company
- Unlimited vacation days
- Generous health plan with zero out-of-pocket payments for employees
- Annual community service day
- Internal awards program