A bold team for a bold goal
We believe that science is bigger than any one person therefore, we strive to work as one team to make steady progress toward our goals.
At Compass, we are all empowered to think differently, to push scientific boundaries and to continually innovate. We cherish our values and recognize each other’s accomplishments.
We’ve come together from around the globe to discover, develop and bring to patients a new generation of antibody therapeutics. Our team is defined by commitment to patients, integrity, tenacity and a passion for unlocking the complexities of the human immune system.
Our legacy will be what we achieve together.
“The best part about the Compass culture is the people. We have the most caring and compassionate people around.”Wilson G., San Francisco De Macoris, Dominican Republic
“What I find most exciting about my work is that on a daily basis I am challenged and surrounded by supportive, dedicated people who have a passion for their work.”Amy H., Toledo, Ohio, USA
“Everyone is so respectful and cares about each other. It’s a pleasure to work with them.”Amy H., Toledo, Ohio, USA
“At Compass we are passionate about making a difference for cancer patients.”Amy H., Toledo, Ohio, USA
“The special camaraderie here leads to an open dialogue, resulting in a boundless research organization that fosters learning and professional growth as a key step for scientific progress and discovery.”Amy H., Toledo, Ohio, USA
“I am most excited by the fantastic science being done at Compass. The molecules we are generating have a real chance to make lasting positive impacts on patients’ lives.”Amy H., Toledo, Ohio, USA
“The diversity of people at Compass has created a culture of innovation and openness to new ideas which is awesome to be part of.”Amy H., Toledo, Ohio, USA
Director of Operations
Compass Therapeutics, Inc. is a clinical-stage, oncology-focused biopharmaceutical company developing proprietary antibody-based therapeutics to treat multiple human diseases. Compass’s scientific focus is on the relationship between angiogenesis and the immune system. The company pipeline includes novel product candidates that leverage understanding of the tumor microenvironment, including both angiogenesis-targeted agents and immune-oncology focused agents. These product candidates are designed to optimize critical components required for an effective anti-tumor response to cancer. These include modulation of the microvasculature via angiogenesis-targeted agents; induction of a potent immune response via activators on effector cells in the tumor microenvironment; and alleviation of immunosuppressive mechanisms used by tumors to evade immune surveillance. Compass plans to advance its product candidates through clinical development as both standalone therapies and in combination with its proprietary drug candidates as long as continued development is supported by clinical and nonclinical data. The company was founded in 2014 and is headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts.
Our Operations team is seeking a full-time onsite Operations Leader at our Boston Landing site. This position is an integral part of our Operations Group and reports to the President and COO.
- Lead office and laboratory administration to provide and support consistent day-to-day operations of the office and laboratory environments
- Manage Compass Information Technology systems and projects to ensure successful, timely implementation and execution of Compass business goals, including:
- Management of IT infrastructure, including occasional management of servers and employee laptops
- Management of the laboratory information management system (LIMS) and electronic laboratory notebook (ELN)
- Provide input into the selection of software for various scientific and lab applications, help with software installations and maintenance
- Transition the company to SOX compliant systems and processes
- Ensure that the company has state-of-the-art security systems and is well prepared for any potential cyber attacks
- Manage external IT support vendors and consultants
- Support Research Operations’ daily duties, initiatives and projects including but not limited to:
- Ensure smooth operations of various instrumentations such as plate readers, mass Spectrometers, cell sorters, flow cytometers, freezers, etc.
- Oversee on-call 24/7 emergency monitoring of critical systems
- Maintain certain lab supplies, including gas stocks, hazardous waste collection, common lab and equipment management and cleaning, implementing lab chemical inventory system
- Building Facilities: Oversee the ongoing maintenance of all building systems, including HVAC, Audio/Video systems, cleaning, security system, occasional plumbing and electrical projects, etc.
- Identify and address challenges within our building systems and conduct regular maintenance of those systems
- Develop productive relationships with vendors and suppliers
- Supervise construction renovations and adjustment of the space as needed
- Ensure proper function of all of the audio and video systems in the office space
- Analyze and improve cross functional workflows and processes that are scalable and improve productivity and utilization of resources, including clinical planning, onboarding, etc.
- Provide outstanding customer service to researchers and organization on ad-hoc requests
- Minimum 8 years of experience in Operations at a biotech company or similar environment
- BS required, MBA or alternate higher degree a plus
- Strong IT hands-on knowledge and experience
- Strong project management and communication skills
- Demonstrated leadership experience working in cross functional teams
- Ability to work independently and meet responsibilities in a dynamic fast-paced, multicultural work environment handling multiple priorities simultaneously
- Excellent attention to detail and self-motivated to provide outstanding Operational support
- Desire to support teams that impact patients’ quality of life and are motivated to work in an environment that promotes innovation and human health
At Compass Therapeutics, we provide employees with an inclusive offering of benefits and a competitive compensation package. We offer our employees competitive salaries, discretionary bonuses and meaningful equity participation. Our benefits support the health and wellness of our employees; from medical, dental and vision benefits to health reimbursement arrangement, flexible spending accounts, sponsored gym membership, and an employee assistance program. We also provide company matched 401(k) and Roth 401(k) programs and other tools for financial wellness. Additional benefits include commuter reimbursement, subsidized parking, and substantial paid time off including a winter shut-down week.
We believe in growing and developing our team, and therefore, we invest in the development of strong values and culture. We are invested in employee success and provide tuition reimbursement, employee recognition programs and referral programs, training opportunities and maintain a comprehensive Performance Management cycle. While building a strong foundation, Compass culture can be seen every day in the form of curiosity, teamwork, passion, and cross functional collaboration.
Training the next generation
We love our jobs, and we’re committed to training the next generation of drug developers.
Among the benefits of joining the Compass team:
- Competitive compensation & time off policy
- A culture of ownership: every employee holds equity in the company
- Generous health plan with zero out-of-pocket payments for employees
- Annual community service day
- Internal awards program