Senior Scientist, Protein Analytics
Compass Therapeutics, Inc. is a clinical-stage, oncology-focused biopharmaceutical company developing proprietary antibody-based therapeutics to treat multiple human diseases. Compass’ scientific focus is on the relationship between angiogenesis, the immune system and tumor growth. The company pipeline of novel product candidates is designed to target multiple critical biological pathways required for an effective anti-tumor response. These include modulation of the microvasculature via angiogenesis-targeted agents, induction of a potent immune response via activators on effector cells in the tumor microenvironment, and alleviation of immunosuppressive mechanisms used by tumors to evade immune surveillance. Compass plans to advance its product candidates through clinical development as both standalone therapies and in combination with proprietary pipeline antibodies based on supportive clinical and nonclinical data. The company was founded in 2014 and is headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts. For more information, visit www.compasstherapeutics.com.
Our Protein Sciences & Analytics team is seeking a highly motivated and hands-on Senior Scientist. The ideal candidate will desire to be part of an energetic and collaborative team, where there is opportunity for career growth. This position reports to our VP of Protein Sciences & Analytics
- Biochemical and Biophysical characterization of therapeutics antibody and recombinant proteins. Main responsibilities include, but are not limited to, design and execute experiments, troubleshooting, analyze and interpret data, draw conclusions, communicate results, author reports. Routine instrument maintenance
- Functional characterization of recombinant proteins and antibodies using immunoassays (such as ELISA, flow cytometry)
- Ph.D. in a relevant field with 3+ years of professional experience
- Solid technical knowledge and hands-on experience on analytical techniques such as Fortebio Octet systems (i.e. affinity measurement, ranking, binding competition, epitope binning/mapping), LC-MS, HPLC (SEC, IEX), SEC/RP/IEX-HPLC, SEC-MALS, SDS-PAGE, DSC/DSF
- Experience with analytical support for process development, CMC activities such as pre-formulation, stability is an advantage
- Familiarity with antibody discovery using various in vitro display techniques is very helpful
- Excellent record keeping to adequately record and document analytical data; Writing SOPs and mentoring junior scientists
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and cross-functional matrix, manage priorities and maintain timelines for multiple projects
- Strong desire to learn new concepts and techniques
At Compass Therapeutics, we provide employees with an inclusive offering of benefits and a competitive compensation package. We offer our employees competitive salaries, discretionary bonuses and meaningful equity participation. Our benefits support the health and wellness of our employees; from medical, dental and vision benefits to health reimbursement arrangement, flexible spending accounts, sponsored gym membership, and an employee assistance program. We also provide company matched 401(k) and Roth 401(k) programs and other tools for financial wellness. Additional benefits include commuter reimbursement, subsidized parking, and substantial paid time off including a winter shut-down week.
We believe in growing and developing our team, and therefore, we invest in the development of strong values and culture. We are invested in employee success and provide tuition reimbursement, employee recognition programs and referral programs, training opportunities and maintain a comprehensive Performance Management cycle. While building a strong foundation, Compass culture can be seen every day in the form of curiosity, teamwork, passion, and cross functional collaboration.