Senior/Principal Scientist, Research
Compass Therapeutics, Inc. is a clinical-stage, oncology-focused biopharmaceutical company developing proprietary antibody-based therapeutics to treat multiple human diseases. Compass’ scientific focus is on the relationship between angiogenesis, the immune system and tumor growth. The company pipeline of novel product candidates is designed to target multiple critical biological pathways required for an effective anti-tumor response. These include modulation of the microvasculature via angiogenesis-targeted agents, induction of a potent immune response via activators on effector cells in the tumor microenvironment, and alleviation of immunosuppressive mechanisms used by tumors to evade immune surveillance. Compass plans to advance its product candidates through clinical development as both standalone therapies and in combination with proprietary pipeline antibodies based on supportive clinical and nonclinical data. The company was founded in 2014 and is headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts. For more information, visit www.compasstherapeutics.com.
Our dynamic team is growing. The Research organization is seeking two highly motivated, independent Senior/Principal Scientist who desire to be part of an energetic, fast-paced, and collaborative team, where there is opportunity for career growth.
- Scientifically and operationally lead a research program to expeditiously set and complete goals and milestones to reach Go/No go decisions
- Design, optimize and perform well-controlled cellular assays with primary mouse, human and non-human primate cells and cell lines; includes read-outs of cytotoxicity, proliferation, cytokine release, intracellular signaling, etc.
- Perform mechanism-of-action studies, including analysis of gene expression, pathway and protein expression
- Conduct research on underlying mechanisms relevant to cancer combination therapies and indication expansion
- Identify and manage external partners when needed
- Analyze complex data sets, provide interpretation of results, summarize and document data in written reports, regulatory documents and presentation materials
- Present at team and departmental meetings, and provide materials/slides to senior management for presentations
- Ph.D. in cancer biology, immunology, cell biology or related discipline
- Minimum 8 years of industry experience with a strong knowledge of cancer or cellular biology or immunology
- Extensive, hands-on research experience in drug discovery with broad knowledge of in-vitro cellular assays
- Ability to develop robust and reproducible cellular assays is required
- Demonstrated independence in experimental design, execution, data analysis and troubleshooting are required
- Self-motivated, meticulous, flexible and eager to try new things
- Comfortable with balancing multiple project objectives simultaneously
- Excellent interpersonal skills and strong oral and written communication capabilities
- Knowledge and understanding of the immuno-oncology research landscape is a plus
- Track record of independent research as evidenced by publications in peer-reviewed journals
At Compass Therapeutics, we provide employees with an inclusive offering of benefits and a competitive compensation package. We offer our employees competitive salaries, discretionary bonuses, and meaningful equity participation. Our benefits support the health and wellness of our employees; from medical, dental and vision benefits to health reimbursement arrangement, flexible spending accounts, sponsored gym membership, and an employee assistance program. We also provide company matched 401(k) and Roth 401(k) programs and other tools for financial wellness. Additional benefits include commuter reimbursement, subsidized parking, and substantial paid time off including a winter shut-down week.
We believe in growing and developing our team, and therefore, we invest in the development of strong values and culture. We are invested in employee success and provide tuition reimbursement, employee recognition programs and referral programs, training opportunities and maintain a comprehensive Performance Management cycle. While building a strong foundation, Compass culture can be seen every day in the form of curiosity, teamwork, passion, and cross functional collaboration.