Director of Investor Relations
Compass Therapeutics, Inc. is a clinical-stage, oncology-focused biopharmaceutical company developing proprietary antibody-based therapeutics to treat multiple human diseases. Compass’ scientific focus is on the relationship between angiogenesis, the immune system and tumor growth. The company pipeline of novel product candidates is designed to target multiple critical biological pathways required for an effective anti-tumor response. These include modulation of the microvasculature via angiogenesis-targeted agents, induction of a potent immune response via activators on effector cells in the tumor microenvironment, and alleviation of immunosuppressive mechanisms used by tumors to evade immune surveillance. Compass plans to advance its product candidates through clinical development as both standalone therapies and in combination with proprietary pipeline antibodies based on supportive clinical and nonclinical data. The company was founded in 2014 and is headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts. For more information, visit www.compasstherapeutics.com.
The Director of Investor Relations is a key role within our financial group. She/he will build relationships with the financial community, broaden and enhance shareholder value and the organization’s financial visibility through a comprehensive investor and shareholder communications program. This position reports to our President & COO.
- Work closely with Compass management on the execution of the company’s goals and initiatives and facilitate all public communications on financial matters
- Develop and manage Compass’ investor outreach strategy, including coordination of roadshows, participation in banking and industry conferences and meetings with investors
- Facilitate financial analyst interactions, which may include organizing meetings, creating agendas, and fielding questions that may arise before, during, and after the meetings.
- Partner with finance, legal, clinical development, regulatory, and research to create strategic goals and timelines and work collaboratively with all functional groups to achieve those goals
- Support all SEC filings, including the annual report
- Analyze corporate activities for investors, identify networking and other opportunities to build and create new initiatives
- Develop a strategy to enhance company’ public image and visibility and implement that strategy
- Develop excellent understanding of the competitive landscape and financial markets and provide competitive financial information on a regular basis
- Maintain and update the IR section of the website
- Maintain investor database and monitor industry-wide investor relations developments
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- At least eight years of investor relations or similar experience in the biotechnology industry is required
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Finance, Marketing, Corporate Communications, Business, or related field required
- Public biotech investor relations experience is strongly preferred
- Good understanding of financial statements and public company reporting requirements and mechanisms
- Experience and comfort with interacting with investment bankers, institutional investors, and research analysts
- Excellent attention to detail and experience building presentations
- Results oriented and able to meet tight timelines
- Comfortable being both an individual contributor and team player
- Resourceful and able to work individually, within a multi-disciplinary team, as well as with external partners and vendors
- Excited about Compass mission, culture and pipeline
- Excellent verbal and written business communication skills
- Ability to respond and adjust quickly in a fast-paced innovative environment
- Good understanding of financial markets and the biotechnology industry
- Excellent interpersonal and networking skills, ability to interact well with a variety of personalities and positions
- Ability to convert complex financial information into understandable text
- Ability to analyze and improve opportunities for investors
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer
- Must be able to travel for meetings with investors (approx. 20% travel post COVID is anticipated)
At Compass Therapeutics, we provide employees with an inclusive offering of benefits and a competitive compensation package. We offer our employees competitive salaries, discretionary bonuses and meaningful equity participation. Our benefits support the health and wellness of our employees; from medical, dental and vision benefits to health reimbursement arrangement, flexible spending accounts, sponsored gym membership, and an employee assistance program. We also provide company matched 401(k) and Roth 401(k) programs and other tools for financial wellness. Additional benefits include commuter reimbursement, subsidized parking, and substantial paid time off including a winter shut-down week.
We believe in growing and developing our team, and therefore, we invest in the development of strong values and culture. We are invested in employee success and provide tuition reimbursement, employee recognition programs and referral programs, training opportunities and maintain a comprehensive Performance Management cycle. While building a strong foundation, Compass culture can be seen every day in the form of curiosity, teamwork, passion, and cross functional collaboration.