In Vivo Senior/Principal Scientist, Preclinical Research
Compass Therapeutics, Inc. is a clinical-stage, oncology-focused biopharmaceutical company developing proprietary antibody-based therapeutics to treat multiple human diseases. The company pipeline includes novel product candidates that leverage understanding of the tumor microenvironment, including both angiogenesis-targeted agents and immune-oncology focused agents. These include modulation of the microvasculature via angiogenesis-targeted agents; induction of a potent immune response via activators on effector cells in the tumor microenvironment; and alleviation of immunosuppressive mechanisms used by tumors to evade immune surveillance. Compass plans to advance its product candidates through clinical development as both standalone therapies and in combination with its proprietary drug candidates
Our dynamic team is growing. The Preclinical Research team is seeking a highly motivated, independent Senior/Principal Scientist who desires to be part of an energetic, fast paced and collaborative team, where there is opportunity for career growth.
- Lead a research program and interdepartmental team to expeditiously complete tasks/experiments with responsibility for meeting timelines and goals
- Elucidate novel biology and develop new therapeutics for oncology and autoimmune/inflammatory indications
- Independently design and implement robust, well-controlled experiments; transfer detailed protocols, when needed, to internal colleagues or external collaborators/CROs
- Use expert knowledge and in vivo technical skills to design and perform in vivo efficacy and PK/PD studies using a variety of autoimmune or tumor models; experience with subcutaneous syngeneic tumor models, orthotopic models, and humanized models is desirable
- Analyze complex data sets, provide interpretation of results, summarize and document data in written reports, regulatory documents and presentation materials.
- Present at team and departmental meetings, and provide materials/slides to management for presentations
- Provide innovation in research/planning and contribute to or lead authorship of intellectual property and publication submissions
- Reports to Vice President of Preclinical Research
- Ph.D. in cancer biology, immunology, pharmacology, cell biology or related discipline
- Minimum of 5 years of industry experience with a working knowledge of cancer biology.
- Extensive experience in animal modeling, hands-on work is expected; experience with tumor and/ or inflammation/autoimmune models
- Knowledge and understanding of the immuno-oncology research landscape
- Track record of independent research as evidenced by publications in peer-reviewed journals
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- The ability to effectively collaborate across departments and supervise/mentor associate scientists
At Compass Therapeutics, we provide employees with an inclusive offering of benefits and a competitive compensation package. We offer our employees competitive salaries, discretionary bonuses and meaningful equity participation. Our benefits support the health and wellness of our employees; from medical, dental and vision benefits to health reimbursement arrangement, flexible spending accounts, sponsored gym membership, and an employee assistance program. We also provide company matched 401(k) and Roth 401(k) programs and other tools for financial wellness. Additional benefits include commuter reimbursement, subsidized parking, and substantial paid time off including a winter shut-down week.
We believe in growing and developing our team, and therefore, we invest in the development of strong values and culture. We are invested in employee success and provide tuition reimbursement, employee recognition programs and referral programs, training opportunities and maintain a comprehensive Performance Management cycle. While building a strong foundation, Compass culture can be seen every day in the form of curiosity, teamwork, passion, and cross functional collaboration.