Senior Alliance Manager
Compass Therapeutics, Inc. is a clinical-stage, oncology-focused biopharmaceutical company developing proprietary antibody-based therapeutics to treat multiple human diseases. Compass’ scientific focus is on the relationship between angiogenesis, the immune system and tumor growth. The company pipeline of novel product candidates is designed to target multiple critical biological pathways required for an effective anti-tumor response. These include modulation of the microvasculature via angiogenesis-targeted agents, induction of a potent immune response via activators on effector cells in the tumor microenvironment, and alleviation of immunosuppressive mechanisms used by tumors to evade immune surveillance. Compass plans to advance its product candidates through clinical development as both standalone therapies and in combination with proprietary pipeline antibodies based on supportive clinical and nonclinical data. The company was founded in 2014 and is headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts. For more information, visit www.compasstherapeutics.com.
Our Business Development team is seeking a highly motivated and hands-on Manager/Senior Manager of Alliance Management. This position will report onsite to our Senior Director of Business Development.
- Manage and support relationships with Compass’ external corporate partners as their primary point of contact, and be a key contributor in developing and maintaining global alliances
- Facilitate productive joint committee meetings, including meeting preparation, scheduling, documentation, and communication of outcomes (i.e., agendas, minutes, follow up, etc.)
- Work closely with external partners, internal and cross-functional resources (Legal, Finance, Clinical Operations) to understand collaboration agreements and ensure successful alliances that support our company strategy and mission
- Monitor and track compliance with contractual obligations, such as development timelines, research updates, deliverables, committee meetings, and milestone payments
- Foster strong interdepartmental relationships, and guide internal stakeholders to meet contractual obligations and strategic aspects of partnership programs along with BD
- Drive operational excellence through continuous improvement initiatives within Alliance Management and in collaboration with various functional areas
- 3+ years of experience with a Master’s degree, or 5+ years of relevant industry experience with a Bachelor’s degree, prior Alliance Management work is a plus
- Experience in the biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry is required, with a demonstrated understanding of the drug development process
- Self-motivated with strong oral and written business communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills, ability to interact well with a variety of personalities, cultures, and positions
- Comfortable externally representing Compass to build strong collaborative relationships with all key stakeholders, ability to be online outside of regular business hours for international alliances
- Desire to work in cross-functional teams and independently, flexibility to respond and adjust quickly in a fast-paced global innovative environment
- Excellent organizational and documentation skills including: collaboration, manage meetings & scheduling, meeting minute writing, multi-tasking, attention to detail, communicating processes, project plans & timelines, and comfortable balancing multiple project objectives simultaneously
- Experience monitoring partnerships and managing negotiations or dispute resolution is a plus
- Excited about Compass pipeline and mission, strong desire to impact patients’ quality of life
At Compass Therapeutics, we provide employees with an inclusive offering of benefits and a competitive compensation package. We offer our employees competitive salaries, discretionary bonuses and meaningful equity participation. Our benefits support the health and wellness of our employees; from medical, dental and vision benefits to health reimbursement arrangement, flexible spending accounts, sponsored gym membership, and an employee assistance program. We also provide company matched 401(k) and Roth 401(k) programs and other tools for financial wellness. Additional benefits include commuter reimbursement, subsidized parking, and substantial paid time off including a winter shut-down week.
We believe in growing and developing our team, and therefore, we invest in the development of strong values and culture. We are invested in employee success and provide tuition reimbursement, employee recognition programs and referral programs, training opportunities and maintain a comprehensive Performance Management cycle. While building a strong foundation, Compass culture can be seen every day in the form of curiosity, teamwork, passion, and cross functional collaboration.